Take charge of your health by scheduling routine wellness exams with the caring professionals at Supreme Medical Center. These comprehensive exams are designed to provide valuable insight into your body’s well-being.
By undergoing regular wellness exams, you can detect the earliest warning signs of potential diseases, track the progression of any existing conditions, and assess the effectiveness of your treatments. Our experienced physicians recommend that all adults have an annual wellness exam, ensuring that your health remains a priority.
At Supreme Medical Center, we understand that visiting the doctor can sometimes be intimidating or inconvenient, which is why we strive to offer the most comfortable and convenient wellness exams in Houston. Our friendly team will make you feel safe and welcome during each visit, encouraging you to prioritize your health and never wait too long between appointments.
Whether you need a physical exam for sports participation or are overdue for a comprehensive checkup, we are here to assist you. Our convenient physical exams cater to patients of all ages, ensuring that your body is operating optimally and addressing any underlying health concerns.
Don’t put off taking care of your health any longer. Contact our office today to schedule your physical exam and establish a lasting relationship with a physician who prioritizes your well-being.
If you are overdue for a physical exam and have been hesitant to have your body checked out, our team of annual physical exam specialists in Houston is here to help. We work with patients of all ages, providing valuable insight into the condition and function of their bodies.
Preventive care for adults involves screening for chronic conditions like diabetes and heart disease, as well as immunizations against serious illnesses like the flu and COVID-19.
It also involves education and counseling that can help you make positive lifestyle choices that protect your overall health and well-being.
The types of screenings recommended for you may vary based on your age and family history. The following are the most common preventive screenings for adults:
- Screenings for breast cancer, colorectal cancer, cervical cancer, and prostate cancer: These screenings are some of the most common cancers affecting men and women, and early detection can stop them from spreading or becoming more serious.
- Screenings for blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes: These screenings can help detect common metabolic conditions that can be treated with medication and lifestyle changes. If left untreated, they may lead to serious disease and premature death.
- Immunizations: We usually think of vaccines as something kids need, but adults need to stay on top of their vaccines as well. Vaccines recommended for adults include annual flu shots, COVID-19 vaccines, and boosters for vaccines you received as a child that may have worn off
- Counseling: Preventive counseling may be available to help you manage a chronic condition. It may also be used to help you make healthy lifestyle choices, quit smoking if you smoke, or to screen for mental health conditions.
What’s considered preventive care for children?
Preventive care for children helps protect them from some of the serious illnesses that can affect kids, and includes screenings to detect behavioral and health conditions. Preventive healthcare can help children stay healthy when they’re young and also as they grow older.
Preventive healthcare for children is covered in full under most insurance plans, and is always covered in full by Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Some of the preventive care offered to children includes:
- Well-child visits: These visits happen every few months when your child is an infant, and yearly after that. Well-child visits include measurements of your child’s growth and developmental milestones. Routine immunizations and screenings are also conducted during these visits.
- Vaccinations: Vaccinations for children protect them from serious diseases now and in the future. Routine childhood vaccines include polio, hepatitis A and B, DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis), MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella), and chickenpox (varicella).
- Behavioral and mental health screenings: Pediatricians routinely screen children for conditions like autism, depression, and developmental delays.
- Blood tests: Various blood test screenings will be conducted throughout childhood, including tests that measure a newborn’s bilirubin levels, tests that look for signs of anemia, and tests that measure the amount of lead in your child’s blood.
Why is it important to know your family health history when it comes to preventive health?
This means that screenings for that particular condition are important, and you may even need early or more robust screening than someone who doesn’t have this same family history.
Learning that you have a family history of a serious health condition can be discouraging and stressful, but knowledge is power. While you can’t change your genetic risk, you can participate in health screenings that can detect this condition early, so that treatment is more effective.
Whether you have specific medical concerns or simply want to stay informed about your overall health, we can assist you. Don’t delay any further – call us today to schedule your physical exam in Houston.
Take the first step towards a healthier future by booking your wellness exam with Supreme Medical Center. Our dedicated team is committed to helping you thrive at every stage of life. Contact us today to prioritize your health and experience the exceptional care you deserve.